Sunday, December 16, 2012

One week till Japan!

That's right. You heard me, people. In about one week I am going to lose basically an entire day to airplane travel as I fly over the Pacific Ocean to the Land of the Rising Sun.

I haven't finished my travel plans yet, but for the most part that's perfectly fine with me since I just want to go out and about to as many places as possible. Some others who travel there frequently have suggested that I just get on a train and go to a more rural spot to walk around instead of visiting only the big cities, and I think that sounds like a fun idea. I almost definitely want to do this in a tea growing area too. But we'll see, we'll see.

My roommate has already left for her winter vacation so I'm stuck drinking my tea all alone tonight. I have three new plants that I love and adore. I haven't given them names yet, I suppose I should wait to see if they can survive the winter without me before getting too attached. You know, like how in Game of Thrones the Wildings don't name their children until they're 3 years old? Hahahaha. I'm going to put a bowl of water on top of the heater to humidify the room for at least a portion of the time I'm away, which will hopefully help them out at least some.

In my loneliness without my roommie, I've also taken to spoiling the heck out of my teapets, ShiShi and KanKan.They're just so adorable and sweet that I can't help but pour delicious tea on them! I really enjoy seeing ShiShi turn dark because of the water and tea and KanKan turn light because of the heat.

The other day I was drinking Fenghuang Dan Cong Oolong from Phoenix Tea (which is AMAZING by the way) in the kitchen and noticed something really pretty. There was a rainbow coming from the window and running over ShiShi's nose!

The sweet smell of the tea, the peaceful lack of any noticeable sounds, and this colorful presentation made that a very wonderful morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment