Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

As you know, it's been Ramadan since July 20th, which means no eating or drinking from sunrise to sunset. Just out of sheer laziness, and because I had to get up early in the morning, I had also been abstaining from tea since I usually only had an hour or two after sunset to eat and go to bed and I needed to focus more on protein, veggies, and water.

Tonight however, I finally gave in and made myself some tea! The other day I went and bought some more of that shu pu-erh from the Red Robe Teahouse that I love so dearly and went ahead and made it tonight.

I had completely forgotten what a powerful happy impact tea has on me. Hahaha. About 5 minutes after the 2nd cup, I am in HEAVEN. I didn't quite put in as many leaves into the pot as I normally like, and I may have washed the leaves for a little too long, but oh me oh my does this pu-erh make me purr.

I don't know about any of you, but for me, it feels like most of my emotions can be most easily felt in my stomach region. Hahaha. When angry or stressed out it will be tight, when sad it'll be empty, when worried it's like a pit of snakes, when peaceful it's a little warm ball of sunshine on a breezy day, when excited a bag of butterflies, and when full of homemade applesauce made from apples in the backyard and good dark pu-erh tea it's like this:

At full volume too. Not even kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment