Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Woah!

I don't know how many of you who read this know, but this "month" is Ramadan, the Islamic holiday where you fast during daylight. I am not a Muslim, but I have been doing this holiday fast too for the last four years. I am a "only through experiencing can you truly understand" kind of person. Even when I was in 4th grade I decided that the only way to actually learn Japanese was to live in Japan. Hahaha. Of course you can gain a general sense of understanding about a situation or a culture or a language or a philosophy by reading and studying, but that understanding will not be complete unless you experience it as well. So when I didn't understand why the heck anyone let alone like a billion people would ever consider fasting for 30 days to be a good idea, I decided to try it out myself. That first year I was only able to complete about two weeks, but after that I've been much better. To sum up my lessons from this experience, I'll just say that it's an incredible exercise in self-discipline which is something that I've always exceedingly lacked in my life. There are many, many other things about this that I have learned about it and myself through fasting for 30 days, but this is a tea blog, not a religion blog. Hahaha. But I just wanted to share that really quickly so you'd all understand why the heck I haven't been posting anything lately. It's kind of difficult to drink tea when you only have about an hour to eat and drink in the morning and only an hour or two in the evening when you're preparing to go to bed. Hahaha. It's been really bothersome actually, because since I'm not drinking as much tea, I'm also not getting as much water or vitamins as normal. Grr. Hahaha. And no one better give me the pity face! I really enjoy doing Ramadan and the sacrifice honestly is minimal. I'm just glad I'm not a Muslim Olympic athlete! Some of them have decided to still fast while competing. Can you imagine that?? Yikes.

Okay, now on to the big "WOAH!" part of this post!

(I'm sure that I could find more of these, but this was my first time stumbling upon this today while in search for a tea pet (I really, really, really, really want a cute little mouse or rat that either squirts water or changes color or wags it tail or something! Or a monkey. Or a cat. I liked the little frogs that squirt on rocks too, but I'd prefer one of the previously mentioned things first.))

http://www.zhizhengtea.com/puer-tea-trips.html

PUERH TEA TRIP.

Go to China, tour the tea arbors, DO A HOMESTAY AND SEE HOW THEY MAKE THE PUERH TEA AND MAKE YOUR OWN.

It's a good thing I'm fairly committed to my Japan trip, because otherwise I'd do this in a heartbeat. Maybe in two years? I would kind of like to learn at least a little bit of Chinese first. Hahaha.

But that's really all I wanted to say this time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment