Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I'm Such a Tea Geek

And I say that proudly! So many people go, "Oh, no you're not! You're a tea nerd! Not a geek!" as if geek is a bad thing, when I say it proudly. Hahaha.

But anyways, I just FINALLY got rid of my flighty mind by doing a bit of research on tea! I found 8 new articles that I was able to download and about 8 others that I had to request from the Five College Library. I hate UMass- Amherst. Apparently they have all the articles I want. But then again, if they were at Mount Holyoke, I would be the one who would have to go and find it and scan it, which would be a major pain, so haha for them I guess!

Some quick tidbits on the articles I found:
  • L-theanine improves attention and task-switching, but it is not sure on the alertness part, and seems to be most potent in combination with caffeine!
  • L-theanine may actually be highest in black tea! (Poor me, considering I hate black tea and it's quantity is significantly diminished in tea with lots of milk apparently too which is the only way I'd ever drink black tea hahahaha)
  • L-theanine protects your liver!
  • L-theanine helps schizophrenics!
  • L-theanine helps significantly decrease smoking!
  • THERE IS SUCH A THING AS ALBINO TEA!
  • Black tea helps renal (kidney) transplant patients recover!
  • And that kind of thing. There was much more. ONE DAY I will finally post summaries of all these articles up here, so that people from non-science backgrounds (and even those of science backgrounds but from non-biology disciplines) can have some extra excuses to justify their love of tea. Maybe I'll even get in to learning more about the biochemistry behind coffee and do comparative research. La la la one day over the rainbow... Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment